How to Rehome Your Dog Through SPDR
When changes in a household make it impossible to keep a dog, SPDR may be able to assist you in finding the dog a new home. After a detailed application and review process for your dog and for prospective adopters, SPDR puts approved adopters in contact with you directly.
- Click on our "Breeds" link to see if SPDR currently has a Rep for your breed. If yes, proceed to Step 2.
- Download and print a Listing Agreement, and send it in by mail with a $5.00 non-refundable processing fee (this fee only applies to mailed-in applications). Include a photo of the dog if possible. If you do not have access to a printer, you can email us or call us at (206) 654-1117 to request the forms be mailed to you.
- SPDR's Breed Rep will contact you to request more info about your dog, and may want to meet your dog, in order to determine if your dog is adoptable through SPDR.
- If your dog is accepted, and there are prospective homes already waiting, the Breed Rep will have adopters contact you directly. If no homes are currently available, you may need to keep your dog for a period of time. SPDR has very few foster homes, so the option of removing the dog from your home is not always possible.
- You are under no obligation to accept anyone referred by SPDR. In fact, we encourage you to do your own screening, and be selective about a new owner for your dog. If you do decline a prospective adopter, simply notify SPDR's Breed Rep.